Hey Guys!

November 03, 2006

Shame on Mommy!!!

Its been almost two months since my last post. Shame, shame, SHAME on me! Life has been busy, but good! Tyler is keeping our hands full and everyday is a new adventure for our little man.

Independance is the biggest change I am seeing in Tyler these days. He is so smart now and he talks so much. He is counting and saying sentences and distinguisng between colors now too. He loves to draw and color with his "Krins", and the only thing I need to say on that matter is "THANK GOODNESS " for washable crayons. Yesterday I took a little stroll around the livingroom on my hands and knees and I don't think there was one floor or wall not scribbled on. He even tried to make Lunette the Clown prettier by drawing on the television. (I am getting so sick of seeing that clown on television by the way, I wish they would retire her). What a boy!!!! I usually do not let him walk around with "Krins" (as he would say) but one must have dropped on the floor during drawing time and disappeared under the couch, only to be found 2 days later with markings all over the walls and floors. Again, THANK GOODNESS for washable crayons.

Tyler is slowing down. He's not quite as busy as he used to be... although he still keeps our hands full by trying to push our buttons. He doesn't listen and sometimes prefers to slap or punch to get our attention. Time-out has become a ritual in my house, even though he screams and bangs his head on the floor or wall to get his way out of it before the time is up. Like a sucker, when he is hurting I just have to scoop him up into my arms. I just wish that my skin would grow thicker so that it wouldn't bother me when he does those things. He doesnt' like time out, but so far it is the only way for me to teach him that what he is doing is bad, and most days I have to wonder if it is even working. Everyday is so exciting and yet so very challenging. I never thought that bringing up a boy would be such hard work, but yet it is the most rewarding thing I have ever done. I love that child so much that my heart aches just thinking about him.

Our child LOVES hockey. I know I say this everytime I blog, but its unreal how this child has taken to it. He talks about hockey non-stop with his hockey teddy bear and when he sees it on TV. We have a Franklin DVD where Franklin learns to play hockey (or something like that) and he loves it! He loves his hockey sticks and balls, and usually gets so wound up when he is playing that I need to take it away from him because he is THISCLOSE to breaking something, or hurting me. LOL He's dangerous with a stick, I know he is going to be just like his father.

Speaking of his father, Jeff is indeed putting a rink in the back yard this year and teaching Tyler how to skate. It is going to be amazing watching these two grow up as best friends. I am almost jelous already of the bond that they share when it comes to things like this, it is amazing.... absolutely heart warming!!!!!

Tyler has 16 teeth now! I think anyways.... we have 4 molars thats for sure. I haven't really had a chance to get in and around his mouth because he freaks out. Brushing is not a fun chore, and usually involves a lot of screaming, kicking and biting on the toothbrush, but I force him to do it anyways. Someday he will give in and let me brush his teeth. I've even tried giving him his own toothbrush to "brush" with while I'm sneaking his baby one in to get the job done. It doesn't work, but I'll figure something out one of these days.

Our baby is 18.5 months old already. Its hard to believe where the time goes. I used wish his life away by being so excited for him to reach milestones. Now I just want the time to slow down so we can enjoy him, because before we know it he will be out skating on the rink with all the other boys and girls in the neighbourhood.

He had his second haircut lastnight and looks like a little boy now. My baby isn't a baby anymore, truth be told... he is a toddler and almost a "little boy". The thought of it makes me sad and wishful for another baby someday.

Well I could go on and on and ON about our little angel and the things he has been doing, but instead I'll leave it at this and promise to do more blogging about him. I blog everyday, so I'll make sure I do more here!

Hope you love these pictures as much as I do! :) These were taken over the past month.

Oh and PS - I am fully aware that in this last picture the animal rescue shelters could be called because of the abuse that is being portrayed. Tyler LOVES his kitty and he seldom does this to her, but on the rare occasion I just have to laugh at him because it is done with such innocence, and not in a "I'm going to choke or kill you" kind of way. On this particular day because he was meowing like a kitty at her and it was just SO funny because Kaidy was just sitting there taking it. He would pick her up and hug her and then put her down. It was A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E. She loves Tyler just as much as he loves her, I wish he would have stood still for a second though so that I could actually take a straight-on-picture.

1 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Stop Growing Cuzzie Tyler! Can't wait til I can meet u in Aug!
Cuz Amy xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home