My Babies Milestones at 1 year
*** DISCLAIMER ----- OK, consider this my bragging post. If you don't like braggers, then don't read this post. LOL I am allowed to brag as much as I want to when it comes to Tyler. He is my pride and joy.. the love of my life (besides Jeff of course) and I am SO SO SOOOOO proud of the little ONE YEAR OLD tyke. ***
Well, since Tyler is a year old now.. sniff sniff.. I think I will give you all a brief update. He is such a smart baby and I am so proud of him. I will have lots of pictures for you soon. We moved and we don't have our computer up and running yet, so I have a TON of birthday and moving pictures to share with you all!
Here are Tyler's milestones as of one year old:
He says a ton of new words including : Me, Mine, Baby, Truck, Car, Na-Na (which sounds like nay nay, but means nanny we *think*), Cheese, Gregory, Brad, and bottle (but its not as clear as "bottle" and usually only the immediate family members know what he is saying). I can't remember anymore off the top of my head right now. I'll add more later when I think.
He also knows most of his important animal sounds. When you ask him what a kitty says, he says "meow", a doggie "ruff", a horsie "nay", a birdie "teet teet". When he sees a car or truck or if you ask him what a truck does he says "vrrooooooooom". Its funny, everytime we drive by Ford, he points and says "vrrrrrooom". I still can't understand why boys like trucks.
Eddie would always take him under a fan and say "brrrr" so now when he is under a fan he'll point at it and say "whats that?" and then "brrrrrr". Its SOOO stinkin' cute!
He is around 27lbs (we'll know for sure on the 9th of May) and has grown quite a few inches since he was last measured.
He walks, runs and dances like a professional, and loves to show off when you tell him to "dance baby dance".
When I point at a picture of him on the wall, and ask him "who is that baby Tyler?" he will point at himself. Once he said ME, but I haven't heard him say it since, so that could have been just a coincidence.
When you pass him a tissue and tell him to blow his nose, he will rub his nose with the tissue, and when you ask him where his nose is he will point at your nose.. or his, if we are really lucky! lol At least he knows what a nose is!
When Sharon tells him to make "Tyler's face" he will scruch his nose up and make a funny face for her. It also is SO stinkin' cute!
We put him in his playpen and tell him to "go to sleep Tyler" and he will pretend he is sleeping, or play peekabo. Peekabo is one of his favorite games now, and he'll play with a facecloth or anything he can hide his face behind.
Ty can be quite sossy and when he is he will hit or slap us. When we look at him seriously and say "that is NOT nice Tyler" he will get a sad look on his face and appologize by hugging us and then trying to change the subject by pointing at something else in the room and saying "whats that!?".
He loves playing with anything that is not a toy. Dog food, the toilet seat, shoes, pop bottles. Whatever it is we cannot get him to play with toys. He likes to keep us busy chasing him around the house. His new favorite game is called "Throw all the shoes on the floor and rearrange them on the shoe rack." He does this at least 10 times a day. At least he is getting over the "Lets pull garbage out of the garbage can" game. :)
Stacking makes Tyler mad. He can stack his ring toy with ease.. but it makes him mad if the ring doesn't go on on his first try. Sometimes he gets so ugly at the rings that he will throw them across the room. I told you he had a temper, didn't I?
And now that we are in his new house, his new sossy thing to do is to walk over to the mini blinds and hit them and then look at Jeff with a sassy look on his face. Jeff says "NO Tyler" and he does it over and over and over, untill we remove him from the situation. Then he will kick and scream untill his face turns blue.
Ty has gotten over the "lets bang my head on the floor" phase. THANK GOODNESS! I was starting to worry for a while. I had never saw a child bang their head because they were mad, my friend Joedee says its normal, but what part of normal does that seem??? Lets just say I'm glad he is over it because I was starting to worry there was something seriously wrong with him. lol
Finally.. Tyler is going to start sleeping in his own bed soon. WE (ok well.. Sharon) as been sleeping him in the playpen and he is doing great. Once we get his room painted and all set up we are going to slowly transfer him to his own room. BAHHHH! :( I am so sad. Jeff and I love having our baby in bed with us, and for those of you who have negative comments about it.. keep it to yourself. :P Our next baby (when he or she comes) will be in bed with us the sammmmme way, and for as long as he or she is wants. For those of you who don't believe in co-sleeping, please read this article that I found (in about 2 seconds on google.ca) that states the advantages of co-sleeping with our babies :
http://www.attachmentparenting.org/artbenefitscosleep.shtml (this is just ONE article of a gazillion on the internet. Do your research people! Its a new age!!! What ever makes Mom, Dad and baby happy is what matters. Not what outsiders looking in think!!!!) :P
Thats it for now. I can't think of anything else to brag about so I guess that means this post is complete! lol
Don't forget to stay tuned for some sweet pictures of Tyler on his birthday and in his new house! I'll have them very, VERY soon! Maybe as early as tomorrow! :)
Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for sending birthday wishes! We really appreciate your friendship!! We've really gotten a chance to see who are "real" friends are these days, and we are very thankful to have such wonderful ones!!

1 Comments:
Absolutely - brag away!!! SO brag away and let us all know how he is doing. What an exciting little man, sure wish that he and Quinn could play one day......YOu and Jeff are the BEST parents!
Post a Comment
<< Home