Hey Guys!

February 10, 2005

Please say a prayer for us...

I had a little scare tuesday night. I thought my water broke. Here is a what happened:

I went into immediate panick! I didn't know what to do, or what to expect. I really thought I was going into labor! I haven't had my prenatal classes yet and don't really know what to expect when it comes to "water breaking" but on tuesday I got my first real glimps!

It was around 12:30 and I was going to bed. I went to use the bathroom before going to sleep and after I was done and started to walk away and then I felt a big gush of water (it happend twice)! My heart fell to the floor, I didn't know what to do. Jeff was sleeping.. and I didn't want to wake him if this was just something silly. I called Sharron because I knew she would be awake and she called the hospital for me and they said to come in "right away". After hearing that I went into an instant panick..I was so scaired and so worked up.. I woke Jeff up by saying " JEFF MY WATER BROKE!!! I THINK I'M IN LABOR!" he shot out of bed like a bullet and packed my bag for me (which I don't even remember him doing). All I remember saying outloud was.. "I'm not ready for him now Jeff" he kept reassuring me everything would be ok.

Anyways to make a long story a bit shorter, Jeff rushed me to the hospital. It was snowing out side and freezing rain and it was so slippary.. we saw 5 deer on the road on the way there.. but we made it safely. They were waiting for me with a wheel chair when I got there and rushed me right up to MAT. The nurse did the Q-tip test (if you guys know what that is) and it read that there was NO amniotic fluid showing , which could only mean that I wasn't leaking at this point?? I didn't know what was going on.. I was so confuzed?? They hooked me up to the fetal monitor and baby showed off for us moving about 10 times every 7 minutes for the whole hour I was hooked up to the machine. His hearbeat was reading perfectly, and the same as usual at 130bpm. The nurses at this point weren't worried about the baby.. more so about me!

They talked to my doctor on the phone (since it was at 2am!) and he told them he would talk to me on the 18th at my visit. All they could tell me was that I might have leaked and just to relax and say off my feet and rest for the next couple of days. If more water was to show to go back immediatly! I was having a lot of pressure and cramps lately and I asked her about that too and she said that its probably just our baby getting bigger and my body adjusting to it. I'm just so lucky that Jeff was there with me!! Imagine if he was gone to work and I was home alone?!!! If I didn't have him with me I probably would have passed out, because I didn't know what to do! And I was so scaired! Before I woke him up I just kept walking in circles looking for the phone... but not really looking , just going from one room to the other like a chicken with my head cut off!! Jeff acted as if he was a old pro at having a baby!!! I never expected it!! He was so calm and helpful... I can't stress the point enough as to how happy I was to have him, and how great he was to me!!!!

Anyways I'm still kind of confuzed and VERY worried. I don't know what to expect now. I'm still having that lower pressure and everytime the baby moves my whole body freezes up because I'm scaired he's going to break the water and come out too early! We live 45 mintues out of town !! Anyways I know this is a long post, but I wanted to share with you guys the kind of week I have been having.

If you all could say a prayer for me I would be so greatful.. I just want to keep this little boy in untill he has all his parts fully developed and he is strong and healthy! I couldn't imagine having this baby today... he would be in the NICU instead of comming home with me and Jeff! :(

Thanks I'll keep you all posted, i'm resting for now!!

Melanie & Baby
xoxoxoxo

3 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mel,
That would be so scary and so far away from town! Say in town if you can!Ah

You scare me, whats going to be like for me down the road?..It sounds so hard! But u will have a bouncing baby boy in the end! So it will be all good!

Thanks for sharing this on your site. I needed to be long to get your story across!
Your so lucky to have Jeff is right!! Some guys Im sure would be freaking out too! Dont be scared to wake him up hes there to help and support u! Hes your rock!
Take it easy this weekend!
Love cuzzie Am xoxoxoo

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mel,
That would be so scary and so far away from town! Say in town if you can!Ah

You scare me, whats going to be like for me down the road?..It sounds so hard! But u will have a bouncing baby boy in the end! So it will be all good!

Thanks for sharing this on your site. I needed to be long to get your story across!
Your so lucky to have Jeff is right!! Some guys Im sure would be freaking out too! Dont be scared to wake him up hes there to help and support u! Hes your rock!
Take it easy this weekend!
Love cuzzie Am xoxoxoo

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about that
Am xo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home